Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- Gone, Not Forgotten
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- At the Wheel: The Life of Jessie Merica, Part 1
- The Grandmother I Never Knew
- At the Wheel: The Life of Jessie Merica, Part 2
- John Bailey and the Angel Gabriel
Monthly Archives: October 2014
Mine is not a family of storytellers. I don’t know what my father did in World War II. I don’t know if his heart skipped a beat the first time he saw his future wife, my mother. I don’t know … Continue reading
No sailor approaching Pemaquid Point, Maine, can look upon that black coast with anything but dread. Monolithic rock walls jut from the ocean floor like fists, waves crashing and wind howling the names of all those lost at this ocean … Continue reading