Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- Remembrance of Things Past
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Echos of My Blue Ridge Ancestors
- My Tragic Boyd Blood
- America: Conceived on a Beer Bender?
- Family Stories
- What was Lost in the Blue Ridge
Monthly Archives: October 2014
No time to write this weekend. Here’s an oldie but goody….Mine is not a family of storytellers. I don’t know what my father did in World War II. I don’t know if his heart skipped a beat the first time … Continue reading
No sailor approaching Pemaquid Point, Maine, can look upon that black coast with anything but dread. Monolithic rock walls jut from the ocean floor like fists, waves crashing and wind howling the names of all those lost at this ocean … Continue reading