Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- Remembrance of Things Past
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- Echos of My Blue Ridge Ancestors
- America: Conceived on a Beer Bender?
- My Tragic Boyd Blood
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Family Stories
- A (Reluctant) Farm Boy's Life in 1865
Monthly Archives: April 2018
In 1834, Richard Henry Dana sailed south from Boston around Cape Horn and up the long Pacific coast to California. Upon seeing the vast emptiness of our coastal land he wrote in his diary, “What brought us into such a … Continue reading