Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- America: Conceived on a Beer Bender?
- My Other Blogs
- John Bailey and the Angel Gabriel
- What was Lost in the Blue Ridge
- My Blue Ridge Family Tree (Album)
- Thomas Austin Merica: Not Long a Boy
- Gone, Not Forgotten
- My Tragic Boyd Blood
- My Mother's Special Drawer
Category Archives: Eggleston
F.O.E. CHAPTER 1: I never met my great-grandfather, Francis Otto Eggleston, a distinguished-looking gentleman with enormous, liquid eyes who, even at 89, stood as straight as the ladder-back chair of his that I inherited. His nose was prominent, but matched … Continue reading
In the summer of 1865 a typhoid epidemic swept small towns throughout America. Every member of my great-great grandfather Clinton Eggleston’s family in Aurora, Ohio, came down with the fever. It’s impossible to tell where it came from, though the … Continue reading