Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- Remembrance of Things Past
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Echos of My Blue Ridge Ancestors
- My Tragic Boyd Blood
- America: Conceived on a Beer Bender?
- Family Stories
- What was Lost in the Blue Ridge
Category Archives: Old Photos
A few days ago I wrote about all the strange emotions I felt when I saw the first photo of my mother as a child. I showed the picture before, but I’ll show it here again. After editing the photo … Continue reading
Mine is not a family of photographers. We don’t click pictures of every party or parade. We don’t all put on white shirts and jeans to sit on rocks at the beach for annual family portraits. We don’t even usually … Continue reading
I have lots of photos of my father’s mother. Portraits of her as a child. Portraits of her as a young woman. Portraits of her with her twin babies. Then snapshots of her with family, with friends over the years. … Continue reading