Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- At the Wheel: The Life of Jessie Merica, Part 2
- At the Wheel: The Life of Jessie Merica, Part 1
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- Gone, Not Forgotten
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- The Grandmother I Never Knew
- Blue Ridge: Oh, How They Lived!
Tag Archives: California
When to the sessions of sweet silent thought I summon up remembrance of things past, I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought, And with old woes new wail my dear time’s waste: Then can I drown an … Continue reading
Mine is not a family of storytellers. I don’t know what my father did in World War II. I don’t know if his heart skipped a beat the first time he saw his future wife, my mother. I don’t know … Continue reading