Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- Gone, Not Forgotten
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- At the Wheel: The Life of Jessie Merica, Part 1
- The Grandmother I Never Knew
- At the Wheel: The Life of Jessie Merica, Part 2
- John Bailey and the Angel Gabriel
Tag Archives: Captives
Yesterday I wrote about the five Boyd children who were brutally captured by Iroquois warriors in 1756. If that sounds terrifying, it probably was. At least it started out that way. The Boyd children were taken by force, their mother … Continue reading