Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- Remembrance of Things Past
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Echos of My Blue Ridge Ancestors
- My Tragic Boyd Blood
- America: Conceived on a Beer Bender?
- Family Stories
- What was Lost in the Blue Ridge
Tag Archives: farm life
You can see Chapters 1 and 2 of this story here, here, and here. FRANCIS OTTO EGGLESTON: Chapter 4 Francis Eggleston spent his childhood on an Ohio farm, in an era when it was common for parents to take their … Continue reading
You can see Chapter 1 of this story here. FRANCIS EGGLESTON: CHAPTER 2 Francis Otto Eggleston, my great-grandfather, was a medical doctor first, then a Methodist minister, a Unitarian minister, and finally, in his later years, newspaper columnist. But he … Continue reading
F.O.E. CHAPTER 1: I never met my great-grandfather, Francis Otto Eggleston, a distinguished-looking gentleman with enormous, liquid eyes who, even at 89, stood as straight as the ladder-back chair of his that I inherited. His nose was prominent, but matched … Continue reading