Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- My Tragic Boyd Blood
- A (Reluctant) Farm Boy's Life in 1865
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- John Bailey and the Angel Gabriel
- America: Conceived on a Beer Bender?
- I'm Finally Embracing My Scots-Irish Ancestry
- "Mules are Always Boasting that their Ancestors are Horses."
- Blue Ridge in My Blood
- Blue Ridge: Oh, How They Lived!
Tag Archives: farm life
You can see Chapters 1 and 2 of this story here, here, and here. FRANCIS OTTO EGGLESTON: Chapter 4 Francis Eggleston spent his childhood on an Ohio farm, in an era when it was common for parents to take their … Continue reading
You can see Chapter 1 of this story here. FRANCIS EGGLESTON: CHAPTER 2 Francis Otto Eggleston, my great-grandfather, was a medical doctor first, then a Methodist minister, a Unitarian minister, and finally, in his later years, newspaper columnist. But he … Continue reading
F.O.E. CHAPTER 1: I never met my great-grandfather, Francis Otto Eggleston, a distinguished-looking gentleman with enormous, liquid eyes who, even at 89, stood as straight as the ladder-back chair of his that I inherited. His nose was prominent, but matched … Continue reading