Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- Remembrance of Things Past
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- Echos of My Blue Ridge Ancestors
- America: Conceived on a Beer Bender?
- My Tragic Boyd Blood
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Family Stories
- A (Reluctant) Farm Boy's Life in 1865
Tag Archives: Fighting Scots-Irish
I’ve never embraced my Scotch-Irish ancestry. In the first place, my mother always emphasized that the word is “Scots,” not “Scotch.” I’m pretty sure it’s because she disliked Scotch’s association with whiskey. And she never hyphenated “Scots” with the “Irish” … Continue reading