Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- Remembrance of Things Past
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Echos of My Blue Ridge Ancestors
- My Tragic Boyd Blood
- America: Conceived on a Beer Bender?
- Family Stories
- What was Lost in the Blue Ridge
Tag Archives: Pilgrim
First names, like eye color, tend to run in families. In my (ex) brother-in-law’s family, every first son is James, every second son is John. It has been like that for generations. He broke the tradition by a hair, naming … Continue reading
My seventh great grandmother was Fear Brewster, daughter of Elder William Brewster of Mayflower fame. Fear’s siblings were named Love, Wrestling, Patience, and Jonathan. Jonathan was apparently named before the Brewsters got their hands on the Geneva Bible, which became … Continue reading