Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- America: Conceived on a Beer Bender?
- My Tragic Boyd Blood
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Stories My Father Never Told Me
- A (Reluctant) Farm Boy's Life in 1865
- My Blue Ridge Family Tree (Album)
- John Bailey and the Angel Gabriel
- I'm Finally Embracing My Scots-Irish Ancestry
- Her Careless Naming of Human Property
Tag Archives: Shenandoah National Park
October is peak tourist season in Shenandoah National Park, when the forest puts on a dazzling show that never fails to delight. The trees are decked out in their royal colors: crimson, gold, and purple, a palette of shimmering color that stretches from far horizon … Continue reading
The following is a review of Sue Eisenfeld’s new book about the hearty mountaineers who lived in the Blue Ridge Mountains before creation of Shenandoah National Park, and who were evicted and moved from their homes to make way for the … Continue reading