Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Puzzling "White Indians" Who Loved Their Abductors.
- Gypsies, Maligned and Misaligned
- Book Review: "Shenandoah: A Story of Conservation and Betrayal"
- Gone, Not Forgotten
- My Mysterious Mary Margaret Magdalene Meadows
- At the Wheel: The Life of Jessie Merica, Part 1
- The Grandmother I Never Knew
- At the Wheel: The Life of Jessie Merica, Part 2
- John Bailey and the Angel Gabriel
Tag Archives: Shenandoah
My great grandmother is a mystery to me. My mother knew her well, but she’s 93 and can’t think of much to say about her. My cousin knew her too, but she has nothing to add either. I have no … Continue reading
This is the last, part Nine of My Blue Ridge Mountain Home Eviction series. Be sure you read parts One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven and Eight. My Blue Ridge Mountain Home Eviction: Part 9 The Blue Ridge Mountains … Continue reading
While writing a series about the evictions of Blue Ridge Mountains residents to make way for the Shenandoah National Park, which you can see here, I came across a unique book, Burnaby’s Travels Through North America, which relates the Reverend … Continue reading