There is a great mystery in my family that no one has been able to solve. Two parents who simply disappeared without a trace. If you have any clues to either of them, please let me know.
follow site Joseph W. Merica: My great-grandfather, who simply disappeared. Born in 1835 to George Merica and Catherine Wagoner Merica, in Rockingham County, Virginia. Married Elizabeth F. Turner in 1859. In 1880 they lived in Shenandoah, Page County, Virginia with six children. One day they informed the children that they were leaving to go find work and would send for them. They were never heard from again.
enter Elizabeth F. Turner: My great-grandmother. Born 1842 in Page County, Virginia to David F. and Catherine Lucas Turner. See above.
Here are some of the family names and places I’m researching now:
- http://wekirtley.com/portfolio-items/mark-edward-gaffney-2/ Berryman – Westmoreland, Virginia 1650-1750; Auglaize and Allen Counties, Ohio
- Slane or Slain – Virginia or West Virginia 1775-1850
- Merica – Virginia
- Eggleston – Portage, Cuyahuga, Geauga Counties, Ohio 1800-1920
- Collier – Virginia
- Meadows – Virginia
- Brown – Geauga County, Ohio 1850-1900; Oneida, New York 1775-1825; Colchester, Connecticut, 1650-1775
- Huet or Hewett – Massachusetts 1635-1670